Cook's Hideout: Lemonade Concentrate

June 04, 2016

Lemonade Concentrate

Blogging Marathon#65: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Kid's Summer Vacation Recipes
Dish: Lemonade Concentrate
Whenever my son thinks he needs money to buy something from school, he asks if he can open a lemonade stand. My answer is always is 'go ahead, but don't ask me to make the lemonade'. He doesn't really get the concept that he has to spend money first to earn later.
Lemon Lime Concentrate
But I wanted to make him lemonade anyway because my husband bought 2 huge bags of limes and lemons and as they say when life gives you lemons (and limes), make lemonade. Which is exactly what I did :-)

Lemon Lime Concentrate
Recipe is from Varada's Kitchen. After a very chilly start to May, the weather finally started getting warmer towards the end of the month and it was a great refreshing afternoon drink for the kids. The quantity I made was enough to make 6~8 servings. Double or triple the recipe if you want, store in the fridge and use as needed.
Lemonade Concentrate

Recipe from Varada's Kitchen:

Lemonade Concentrate
Ingredients:
  • 1cup Sugar
  • 1cup Water
  • 1cup Lemon/ Lime juice
Method:
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook on low flame stirring until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat once the sugar dissolves. Let it cool for about 10~15 minutes.
  2. Stir in the freshly squeezed lemon/ lime juice and mix well to combine. Let it cool completely. Store in a clean bottle and refrigerate until ready to use.
  3. To make the lemonade: Combine 1 part lemonade concentrate to 2 parts water and swerve chilled over ice.
Lemon Lime Concentrate

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 65.
Signature

14 comments:

  1. Gosh love your outdoor setup Pavani...so beautiful!..and your models are awesome..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great lemonade pics! Great treat in this hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, wat a refreshing drink, wish you could send me some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what Valli says..awesome models....:))..and the drink looks like a gourmet one..seriously.amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt read the recipe at all girl, i m just looking at the pics, awwww!!! Pulease give us a lessonn online, how you take such gorgeous pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, i read the recipe, looks delicious and perfect way to chill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you tried and liked it. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an easy drink presented so beautifully. Loved the pictures you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really refreshing Pavani! Pictures are good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice chilled treat for kids for this heat. Looks so nice. And love your pictures with your kids..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the clicks Pavani! What a refreshing drink this is and I could definitely use this for the hot Oklahoma summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All articles I read about food photography tell me that 'your pictures have to tell a story' ...I finally understood what that meant after this post of yours! Simply beautiful.....and such cute bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so very refreshing!!!!Awesome clicks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips