Cook's Hideout: Russian Grated Beet Salad for #Food of the World

March 08, 2016

Russian Grated Beet Salad for #Food of the World

We are visiting Russia this month for the #Food of the World event. I picked a very easy Russian grated beet salad from Natasha's Kitchen.
Russian Beet Salad
I have tried a few Russian recipes in the past and for this month I was planning to try my hand at baking a Russian bread, but time just slipped out of my hand and I finally had to pick something relatively simple. That is when I landed on Natasha's grated beet salad.
Russian Beet Salad
It is a quick chopped (or grated) salad that almost requires no cooking. The only component that is cooked is the grated potato that is fried until nice and crispy. I conveniently forgot to put it in the bowl, so you don't see the potatoes in the photos. But that is one of my favorite part of this salad.
Russian Beet Salad
I made it for my lunch today and I was surprised how filling and delicious it turned out with minimum effort put into it.


Russian Grated Beet Salad
Ingredients:
  • ¼ Small head of Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 1 Small Red beet, grated
  • 1 Medium Carrot, grated
  • ½cup Frozen Peas, thawed
  • 1 Medium Potato, peeled and grated
  • 1 Small onion, finely diced
  • For Dressing:
  • 2~3tbsp Mayonnaise (use vegan mayo for vegan version)
  • 1 Garlic clove, finely minced
  • To taste Salt & Pepper
Method:
  1. In a small bowl, stir the minced garlic into mayonnaise and set aside.
  2. Heat 2~3tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the grated potatoes and cook them until golden brown and crispy. Make sure to do this in batches.
  3. In a serving bowl, place all the ingredients separately.
  4. Add the mayonnaise dressing just before serving and mix everything together along with salt & pepper. Serve right away!!
Russian Beet Salad

Please visit our cohosts blogs and follow their sites! 

 


Submit your Russian recipes using the linky tool below:
An InLinkz Link-up
Signature

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen a beet salad like this. The potatoes sound so delicious in it. It's a complete meal. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so colorful and delicious. Love the crispy fried potatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome !! How can I join you guys on this monthly event , Pavani ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips