Cook's Hideout: Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix

October 22, 2015

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix

It's that time of the year where everything is flavored with pumpkin pie spice -- pumpkin pie latte, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin scones, breads, cakes and on and on and on. But the price of pumpkin pie spice in the grocery store is way too high and since it has limited use in my kitchen, I never bought it.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
But couple of days ago as I was planning to make the Pumpkin ice cream, I needed couple of teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice and I looked online for the recipe. Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand and voila I had my own pumpkin pie spice mix that I can now use in different fall based recipes.


Recipe from Betty Crocker site:
Ingredients:
Ground Cinnamon - 3tbsp
Ground Ginger - 2tsp
Ground Nutmeg - 2tsp
Ground Allspice - 1tsp
Ground Cloves - 1tsp

Method:
  • Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.

Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
Signature

1 comment:

  1. No need to buy the store bought spice mix, homemade is always the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips