Cook's Hideout: No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake

August 12, 2015

No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake

Blogging Marathon# 55: Week 2/ Day 3
Theme: Nutella Galore
Dish: No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
Here's another lip smacking dessert using Nutella, a no-bake cheesecake. I usually plan the dishes to make for the marathon, well ahead of time. But for this week except for the muffins I made for the first day, I had nothing planned for the next 2 days. I was able to make the s'mores based on my son's tv show, but I was clueless as to what to make for today.
Clueless because there are sooooooo many dishes that can be made with Nutella and I'm sure every single one would taste amazing. I was very tempted to make Valli's Nutella mousse in chocolate cups, but was too lazy to make the chocolate part.
Nutella Cheesecake
Then I saw this no-bake Nutella cheesecake on Pinterest and made it right away to make sure I don't change my mind :-) Original recipe used frozen whipped topping, but I didn't want to wait for the whipped topping to thaw, so I whipped fresh cream and folded it into the nutella-creamcheese mixture.
Nutella Cheesecake
My mouth started watering just thinking of this yummy dessert. It's creamy and absolutely delicious. The quantities I used made just about 3 tiny portions and my kids and I shared them for dessert. It is a great dish to make ahead of time and serve at parties.

Recipe adapted from here:
Ingredients: Serves 2~3
Oreos - 4, crushed
Cream cheese - 4oz., softened
Nutella (or any chocolate hazelnut spread) - ⅓cup
Heavy Cream - ⅓cup
Vanilla extract - ¼tsp

Method:
  • In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and nutella. Mix well. 
  • Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Reserve ¼cup of the whipped cream for topping.
  • In the remaining whipped cream, add the cream cheese - nutella mixture and beat until well combined.
  • To Assemble: Divide the crushed oreos evenly between the serving cups/ glasses and press it lightly to form a crust in the bottom.
  • Spoon or pipe the nutella-cream cheese filling over the oreo crust. Then top it with the reserved whipped cream and sprinkle crushed nuts or oreos.
  • Chill for at least 2 hours to set the cheesecake. Serve cold and enjoy!!
Nutella Cheesecake

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 55.
Signature

9 comments:

  1. Omg what a sinful looking desert.Gosh you are tempting me to make it rite now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely divine! Btw, the recipe doesnt show the no. of cups for nutella and cream. On a side note, looking at all the nutella based recipes, I went in for a nutella banana milkshake for breakfast this morning :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum ! Food for chocolate lovers! Can we use home made cream cheese? . Loved the dessert , looks sinful and fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is surely the most sinful and tempting dessert for today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Nutella cheese cake.. Looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This has all my favorite words - Nutella, cheesecake and no bake. What more to ask for! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow pavani, its indeed mouth watering dish!..so delicious to feast on..the cream cheese and nutella texture looks like a crumbled cake!..superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheesecake looks so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just looked at three posts in a row of breathtaking photos - you ladies with Rajani and Gayathri are making me so jealous - wish I could take pics like this :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips