Cook's Hideout: Chia Bircher Muesli

August 21, 2015

Chia Bircher Muesli

After 3 kid friendly breakfast recipes this week, I have a figure friendly healthy breakfast oatmeal that can be made at night, so you can wake up and have it with no fuss. This recipe is from Vegetarian Times magazine.
Breakfast Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
After trying the blueberry chia jam, I made this overnight oatmeal. It is as simple as combining a few ingredients in a bowl and refrigerating overnight. This bircher muesli is a nutritious, quick and delicious breakfast for busy bees who are always on the go.
Breakfast Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
Soaking the oatmeal in orange juice sounded different and interesting. Chia seeds make the oatmeal thick and pudding-like. I serve it with some blueberries, cherries and bananas.
  
Recipe adapted from here:
Ingredients:
Rolled Oats - ¾cup 
Almond Milk - ¾cup, plus more for serving
Orange juice - ⅓cup, freshly squeezed
Grated Apple - ½cup 
Golden Raisins - 2tbsp
Chia Seeds - 1tbsp
Fresh Berries or sliced summer fruit - ½cup
Walnuts - 2tbsp, chopped
Maple Syrup - for serving (optional)

Method:
  • In a medium bowl, stir together oats, ¾cup milk, orange juice, grated apple and raisins. Fold in chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight. 
  • Serve topped with berries and walnuts, and drizzled with more almond milk and maple syrup (if using).
Breakfast Oatmeal with Chia Seeds



Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook ChallengeAugust -- Week 4'.





Signature

7 comments:

  1. That is a quick and easy recipe. I do eat instant oatmeal for breakfast. Will try this breakfast next time I get rolled oats. Must have tasted flavorful with all those fruit flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the nutritious & yummy stuff in this muesli. Should give this a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure this makes a great dish to start the day with!..lovely pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are so beautiful! I can't wait to try the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a deicious and healthy breakfast and perfect for people like me who aren't morning people since you can make it overnight. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite way to enjoy breakfast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see a very satisfied kid after this meal...yummy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips