Cook's Hideout: Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)

December 03, 2014

Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)

Bake-a-thon 2014: Day 2
Bake of the Day: Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread
Smart phones are so convenient to take photos of just about anything we see anytime, anywhere. I browse through food magazines at the check out lanes and click photos of interesting recipes on my phone. Doctor's office is another place where I usually end up taking lot of recipe photos on the phone.
Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)
Today's quick bread recipe was one of those I clicked from Food Network magazine in a grocery store. I think there were abut 50 quick bread recipes, both sweet and savory, and they looked very interesting -- so I made sure I saved them.
Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)

Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)
This Chocolate-hazelnut bread is very moist and delicious. The chocolate-hazelnut glaze on the top makes it even more delicious. My son said it tasted like a cake and loved it a lot.
Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)

Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)
Ingredients:
All purpose Flour - 1cup
Whole wheat pastry flour - ½cup (or use 1½cups of AP flour)
Sugar - ¾cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - ¼cup
Baking Powder - 1½tsp
Baking Soda - ¼tsp
Salt - tsp
Sour Cream - 1½cups (I used a combination of sour cream and yogurt)
Vegetable Oil - ½cup
Eggs - 2, large (I used 2tbsp egg replacer powder whisked with 6tbsp water)
Vanilla extract - 1tsp
Semi sweet chocolate chips - ½cup
Milk Chocolate chips - ½cup
Toasted Hazelnuts - ¾cup, chopped

For the Chocolate-Hazelnut GlazeI:
Nutella (or any other chocolate-hazelnut spread) - ¼cup
Milk - 1tbsp

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides. Coat with cooking spray.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined.
  • In another bowl, combine sour cream, oil and vanilla extract.
  • Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50~60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
  • Cool the bread slightly and pour the glaze while the bread is still warm. 
  • For the glaze: Warm the hazelnut spread along with water to thin it out, then pour it over the warm bread. Let cool completely before slicing.
Chocolate Hazelnut Quick Bread (Nutella Chocolate Quick Bread)
Linking this to this year's Bake-a-thon event.
Signature

11 comments:

  1. OMG Pavani, seriously you have got me drooling over here!..the bread looks so so sinful!..gosh I need to bake this right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg..hazelnut and chocolate,killer combo..just cant take my eyes from those slices..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toasted hazelnuts and chocolate! Wow! The quick bread looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the tiltle bookmarked it first and then came back again to read and comment!! Such a treat to eyes pavani!! I feel like grabbing it straight from the picture! ! Delicious totally! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I click recipes with my phone whenever I find an interesting one. That is a beautiful bread. It looks soft and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a tempting bread can't stop admiring this beauty. So irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woow I literally drooling here!!! Delicious combo..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lucky I grew up with nutella from a child because of my Dutch family but it is so wonderful how it is now incorporated into so many bakes now that it is a worldwide product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I allowed to drool??? That is such a tempting bread... I am sure my kids would go flat on this one! Let me save this for making it very very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I am so drooling here Pavani!We are huge Nutella fans and I eally want to grab this off the screen.Bookmarked,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg!!!!my daughter is drooling looking at the pics!! Must bake

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips