Cook's Hideout: Mango Lassi

May 12, 2014

Mango Lassi

Blogging Marathon# 40: Week 2/ Day 3
Theme: Mango Mania
Dish: Mango Lassi

This post is possibly the least planned and last minute one in the past couple of months. I didn't have any mango recipes in the drafts and neither had I planned for anything. I was dilly-dallying until the last minute today as if miraculously the post will 'post' itself. But one good thing we did was to buy a case of ripe mangoes from the Indian store this weekend and the yellow beauties inspired me to make one of my kids favorite, Mango Lassi. 
Mango Lassi
I have never tried making Mango lassi at home mostly because my son orders it every time we are in an Indian restaurant and making it again at home is quite boring. Also my husband being a yogurt-phobic, doesn't drink it -- so I usually make mango juice instead of lassi or smoothie. But today, it was finally time to try my hand at making the classic Mango Lassi.
Mango Lassi
After seeing Nisha's post, I wanted to add some rose water and I really loved the floral note that the lassi had. My son on the other hand, didn't dig it that much, but my daughter drank both hers and her brothers share -- so someone really liked it :-) 

Ingredients: Serves 3~4
Mango chunks - 3cups, peeled and diced
Greek Yogurt - 1cup (I used 2% yogurt)
Milk - 1cup
Sugar - as needed (adjust as per the sweetness of your mangoes)
Rose Water - 1tsp
Ice cubes - 8~10

Method:

  • Blend all the ingredients in a blender until nice and smooth. Reserve few mango pieces for garnish.
  • If the lassi looks too thick, add more milk or ice cubes to thin it out. Serve immediately.

Mango Lassi
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up today for BM# 40.
Signature

9 comments:

  1. Wish i get this fabulous lassi rite from my lappy's screen, sooo tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow pavani, your lassi is totally stunning!..your presentation is a winner..I was expecting something else..your bowl is so unexpected and so nice..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding rose flavor is something new to me.. Lassi looks refreshingly good & making me crave for some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mango lassi is a favorite in my house. Lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont like sugar in my curds but your pics and description of the rose flavour has me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting use of greek yogurt. Our all time fav drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice presentation! Love that background and the contrasting colors. Lassi looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the presentation. Aamrakhand and this lassi are two sweet mango dishes that I don't despise. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips