Cook's Hideout: Mango Coconut Pulao (Pilaf)

August 08, 2013

Mango Coconut Pulao (Pilaf)

After trying Mango curry, I was ready to expand my raw mango recipe repertoire. So when I saw this recipe for Mango-Coconut Pulao on a telugu cooking show, I promptly noted it down.
Mango Coconut Pulao (Pilaf)
With Summer being in full swing in our neck of woods, fresh green mangoes are widely available in the Indian groceries. I always make sure that I get a few, so I can use them to make pappu (dal) or this aam ka panna or this masala curry. But this mango coconut pulao is simple to make and is perfect one-pot meal for weeknights.
Mango Coconut Pulao (Pilaf)
Ingredients:
Basmati Rice - 1cup, cooked
Raw Mango - ½cup, chopped
Onion - 1 medium, chopped
Carrot - ¼cup, chopped
Green chilies - 2, chopped
Ginger+Garlic paste - 1tsp
Mint - ½cup, chopped
Fresh Coconut - ½cup, grated
Cinnamon stick - 1" piece
Cloves - 3
Cardamom pods - 2
Bay leaves - 1
Salt - to taste

Method:

  • Heat 2tbsp ghee or oil in a saute pan; add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods and bay leaves; saute until fragrant, add onions, green chilies and cook until onions are lightly browned around the edges.
  • Add ginger+garlic paste and cook for a minute. Next add mango cubes and carrots. Cover and cook until the veggies are tender, make sure that they don't turn to mush.
  • Next add salt, chopped mint, cooked rice and grated coconut. Mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
Mango Coconut Pulao (Pilaf)
Signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pavani, long time since I could visit you and I am so glad I am back because this and the tomato chutney previous... oh my, I have alot to catch up on here :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum! This sounds delicious with the sweetness and sourness of mango going all through the rice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips