Cook's Hideout: Eggless Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins

December 17, 2012

Eggless Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins

Today we begin the 3rd week of blogging marathon, BM# 23 and my theme for this week is "Egg less Chocolate Cupcakes & Muffins". With a chocoholic 5 year old at home, its almost impossible for me to not take up this theme, so now you know who is happy at home!!!

As I was thinking about this week's theme, I realized that I haven't posted many recipes that are eggless. Even the eggless bakes that I have posted usually use store bought egg replacer powder or some other ingredients that are not commonly available in an Indian household. So for the next three days, I'm going to post recipes that use ingredients that are very commonly available in any pantry, even those that don't bake much.

Today's recipe is a Banana chocolate chip muffins that are great for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. I used whole wheat flour, but all purpose flour can be used instead. Also I used brown sugar and regular white sugar, only white sugar can also used instead. Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients:
Whole wheat flour - 1cup
All purpose flour - ½cup
Old Fashioned Oats - 1cup
Brown Sugar - ½cup
Granulated Sugar - 3tbsp
Salt - ¼tsp
Baking Powder - 1tsp
Baking Soda - ½tsp
Oil - ¼cup
Buttermilk - ¼cup
Bananas - 3 medium, mashed, about 1 cup
Chocolate chips - ½cup

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease them with cooking spray.
  • Combine the flours, salt, oats, baking powder and baking soda in a small mixing bowl.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, buttermilk, sugar and mashed bananas. Mix well until combined.
  • Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Do not overmix. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix one more time to evenly distribute.
  • Fill each muffin tin with the batter up to ¾th full.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
  • Cool for 5 minutes in the pan; remove onto a wire rack and let cool completely before digging in.
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up today for BM# 23.
Signature

10 comments:

  1. I can start my day with these healthy muffins, one of my fav combo in muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly made cup cakes and ur clicks make me drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Great post. You haven't mentioned at what temperature you baked the muffins ?

    Thanks,
    Priya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Great post. You haven't mentioned at what temperature you baked the muffins ?

    Thanks,
    Priya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a guilt free muffin!!! wheat flour, oats, eggless, bananas - all healthy components in there!!!..
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Let's Party - Eggless Bakes and Treats
    Ongoing Event - SYF & HWS - Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've forever been wanting to accosts to bakes. Tell me, do they stand out or is their taste hidden. The cupcakes look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very healthy muffin
    http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so wholesome - like the addition of oats

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how well the muffin have turned out, so firm yet looks soft...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually don;t stock butter for baking. Using oil is what I look for when I need to bake on a impulse. Bookmarking this too. Its got all my fav ingredients - banana , chocolate and oats!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips