Cook's Hideout: Microwave Doodh Peda (Indian Milk Fudge)

November 26, 2012

Microwave Doodh Peda (Indian Milk Fudge)

This is my 601st post, it took me more than 6 years to get here. Valli & Blogging marathon are the biggest reasons for my regular posts, so big thanks to Valli for conceptualizing BM and coming up with interesting themes every month that keep me motivated with my blogging.

To end this month's BM# 22, I made this amazingly simple Microwave Peda that I bookmarked from Monsoon Spice. Recipe needs only 3 main ingredients, condensed milk, milk powder and ghee. This is so easy that I see myself making this very often. 

Making doodh pedas the traditional way involves a loooooot of stirring and if using low fat milk the final product is usually mediocre. For this microwave version, I used fat free condensed milk and non-fat milk powder and the resulting pedas were just as delicious as the traditional version (though the texture was a little on the sticky side -- which is something I can totally live with since the effort put into this is minuscule compared to the stove top version). 

Ingredients:
Condensed milk - 14oz. can (I used fat free condensed milk)
Milk powder - 1¾ cups (I ued non-fat milk powder)
Ghee/ Butter- 2tbsp
Cardamom powder - 2tsp

Method:
  • Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl until melted, about 20-30 seconds.
  • Add the condensed milk and milk powder to the melted butter. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon until well combined.
  • Microwave this mixture for 1 minute, remove and stir well.
  • Microwave again for another minute. Remove and stir well. The mixture will slowly start to come together at this point.
  • Microwave for another minute, remove from the microwave and stir well. 
  • Cool the mixture until it is easy to handle; roll the mixture into lemon size balls. Enjoy!!
This is just the basic recipe and can be jazzed up a million different ways: add nuts, saffron or even chocolate   for tasty variations.
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up for the last and final day of BM# 22.
Signature

20 comments:

  1. Iam planning to make these pedas..this version is so simple...looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting there, Pavani. Superb pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, that is indeed a great achievement and pedas are perfect for celebrating the feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a very prefect looking pedas, irresistible and droolworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so simple and exotic!!! delicious and mouthwatering!!
    Sowmya

    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour
    Ongoing Event - Let's Party - Eggless Bakes and Treats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute looking pedas. Totally dig the recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the milestone Pavani and wishing you many more :)

    Pedas look awesome and the clicks are so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made last week same recipe and same ingredients method. love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious. Beautiful pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely perfect pedas and even more awesome pictures. Yumm!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Pavani and wishing you many more like this.I tried this reciope for pedas on stove top realy a very quick one and your pedas looks so tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your milestone :-) wonderful pics :-) should try this, albeit a stove top method, do you have a recipe for that here ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pedas made soo simple. First time here. Nice blog and Gud recipes

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey i tried the recipe and it was too yummy but the pedas melted into a deformed sticky pancake shape even i refrigerated it for 2 hours.Can you give me some tips to make them perfect as your's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a super simple way.. ur pedas look very ver delicious.. i dont have milk powder at home.. otherwise i wud have made this straight away... i recently made coconut ladoos with condensed milk.. i ahve noticed that when we use condensed milk the sweet tends to be on teh softer side.. actually that is nnot at all an issue since ,as u said , the effort is miniscule!!! awesome photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello Pavani,

    First time visiting your blog. I was looking for some festival related recipes and came across your blog. I had all the ingredients for pedas at home; so made my 11 year old son to follow instructions and do it. They came absolutely fantastic :-) The only thing I made was to make the peda rounds when they were a bit cool....This is such an easy kid friendly recipe.....

    Thanks so much :-)
    Meena.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pavani, I tried these and it came out so well. Good that I saw this. I am planning to make a chocolate version.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips