Cook's Hideout: Happy New Year

January 06, 2009

Happy New Year

Wish you all a very Happy & Prosperous New Year.

Hope all of you had a great holiday season. Our holiday season was pretty much uneventful except for the party we hosted last weekend. Good food, great friends and lots of fun.

I made 2 types of appetizers:
Tomato Phyllo Shells filled with mozzarella, cucumber, tomato and basil salad (recipe from here).

Bruschetta with Roasted Red pepper puree (recipe from Vegetarian Times).

For Main course we had two types of Pasta:
Three Cheese Tortellini w/ my creamy tomato sauce (recipe here).
Whole wheat Penne with chickpea sauce (lovely Suganya’s yummy recipe).

For the grand finale we had home-made Tiramisu Ice cream. I couldn’t take a picture of the ice cream, but it was awesome. Everybody loved it (I didn’t tell them that it had Kahlua & Rum.. they would have asked for seconds ;-)



Before leaving each family got a homemade box filled with 3 kinds of homemade cookies (Oatmeal-Raisin, Dorie Greenspan's Sugar Cookies & Chocolate chip).

Now that all the fun’s over, it’s back to routine in the New Year. Hope all of you have a wonderful year ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Next time when you are giving a party i am comming over.
    Happy 2009 to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you too Pavani. Red Tomato phyllo is new to me, must look for it. Enjoy! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy ne wyear..awesome post..everything looks good..i wish I could see the ice cream too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year dear...
    Everything's looking so gud. hope i could have been there...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips